Sunday, June 24, 2012

DIY: Glass Bottle Makeover

We LOVE this remodeled bottle from Turnstyle Vogue's blog.  Head their way to check out all their tips and tricks to creating this masterpiece yourself!!IMG_5525 IMG_5525
IMG_5522



Although I removed the label from the top, the wording on this bottle is actually raised lettering that could not be removed.  However, sanding the bottle worked perfectly.


After I cleaned it up, I sprayed it with a metallic bronze spray paint.


IMG_5523
I then started to work away with ASCP in Provence. This shows the first coat but I ended up doing two coats.


IMG_5524



I then got my 80 sanding block and started distressing the raised areas, sanding down to only the metallic paint in some areas and all the way down to the glass in others.


IMG_5527

IMG_5530

IMG_5532



I used dark wax to create a light patina.


I chose to leave the lid metallic, but with the same distressing.


IMG_5526

IMG_5536
I can see a really cool monogram or stencil right in the middle, can’t you?  My daughter really likes this color so she will be taking this home with her.  I’ll let the new owner decide about a stenciled embellishment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment