Saturday, October 27, 2012

DIY: FallBook Page Paper Wreath

Design, Dining + Diapers blog has a step-by-step tutorial on how to make these wonderfully gorgeous book page paper fans and put them together into a wreath.  You probably have most of these supplies already in your house! 
book page wreath, diy, fall wreath, paper projects
I started out by cutting a circle out of an old box we had laying around and then covered it with book pages to create the base for the wreath.
book page wreath, diy wreath, paper projects
Then, I made these accordion style flowers out of book pages (each flower has 3 small accordion pieces) and layered the flowers until they covered the entire wreath. I love how layering the flowers gave it some depth.
After the wreath was complete I accessorized it with some old buttons that my grandma recently gave me.
After trying out the wreath in several rooms in the house, I finally found it a home on a shelf in our family room! I’ve been all about big pops of bold color lately so I added some ribbon to top it off. The colors might not be for everyone but it works in this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment