Friday, October 26, 2012

DIY: Pinhole Cards

The Proper Pinwheel has a great idea for homemade cards.  If you love to add your own personal touch to the cards you give people, this idea is just perfect for you!  You could even jazz up a store card with this method!  

Check out their blog for more paper crafting diy!
When I think back, most of my favorite crafts were learned in grade school. Using crayons over watercolor, making art from paper towels, and nap time. Those are some of my fave elementary memories. One of the best skills I learned (and I still use it to this day!), is pricking paper with a pin and creating stationery. So fun. And so easy!
Pinhole stationary has to be one of the best ways to dress up some regular old paper. The font choices are endless, and you can make it as big or as small as you want! Read below for the refresher!
To make your own you’ll need:
  1. cardstock in assorted colors
  2. scissors
  3. tape
  4. safety pin
  5. mirrored image or text
To mirror your text, copy from Word and paste into Paint. Right-click ”Image” and select “Rotate or Flip” and flip yo’ message horizontally. Easy as pie, I tell you. Tape the words to the inside of your card and start pricking with a pin. Outline the text with the pin. Don’t poke holes all over the place. It’s not as pretty looking. Trust me.
Watch some TV while you poke all of the little holes. I did this while watching The Graduate. I don’t know why I thought I would like that movie. I clearly didn’t remember how strange it was. Finish pricking/poking, remove the tape and paper, and…
Bada-bing.
Play around with a few fonts and see what you like! They look pretty cool when held up to the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment